Skip to main content
Topic: March 20 - 22, 2014 -- Minotaur (Read 5933 times) previous topic - next topic

March 20 - 22, 2014 -- Minotaur

Map Info

A savage beast roams an ever changing labyrinth. You are that beast.

Minotaur is a PvP map made for 5 or more players. In each game, a random player is chosen to become the Minotaur. The rest are placed randomly in the maze with only a small amount of equipment.

As the minotaur you must hunt and kill all the trespassers. As a runner you must run from the minotaur while killing other players to take their equipment.

There is a random element of beacons with various buffs which will occur every minute. The lights will turn on or off every few minutes. Reward rooms offer a little aid to the runners as they try to evade the minotaur.

The doors in the rooms will randomly open and close providing a constantly changing arena.

Below, I've listed the times when we'll begin the event -- all times are EST. There are no specific time slots since each round will differ in length depending on how it plays out. If all players have not assembled on Mumble by the assigned time, I will wait an extra ten minutes before starting the map. After that, you will simply have to reschedule or wait until the next event.

Please commit to the time slot that you reserve! If you have reserved a slot, but must cancel, please inform me of the cancellation at least 24 hours beforehand!

Server Info

Do not use the FTB launcher! This map should be launched with Vanilla Minecraft -- you must downgrade to Minecraft version 1.4.2!

Server IP: impact.worldunbent.com

You will be whitelisted to the server shortly before the event begins.

Mumble is not required for this event, but as usual, it is highly recommended for the most fun. Please have Mumble installed and working before the event begins! If you have not been added to the Elliquiy Mumble's approved list, Veks can do so shortly before the event.

For those of you who do not have the Elliquiy Mumble info:

Label: Name your Mumble server whatever you want
Address: elliquiy.net
Port: 64738
Username: Your ELLIQUIY username
Password: iamover18

We only need five players minimum, but can accommodate as many players who are interested. So even if the initial five slots are filled, just sign up anyway and I'll add you on.

Note: I do realize how late the event begins for some of you (due to the different time zones) so I'm going to try my best to start early on Friday. Unfortunately, I won't be able to let you know until earlier that day (which, understandably, makes it very inconvenient). For those of you who are signing up for the Friday slot, please be aware of this possible last minute change and let me know if you'd be able to play if the change takes place. I will try to begin the Friday event at 2 pm EST.

Thursday, March 20, 2014
Beginning at 10:00 pm

- Myobi
- Eden
- Cheeta
- Veks
- Kai
- Xanos

Friday, March 21, 2014

- Myobi
- Veks
- Monk
- Eden
- Sparrow
- Andy
- Remi
- Kuno
- Ritsu
- Rogue
- Cheeta
- Xanos
- Dis
- Zame
- Bamfy
- L

Saturday, March 22, 2014

- Myobi
- Remiel
- Eden
- Monk
- Cali
- Xanos

Re: March 20 - 22, 2014 -- Minotaur

Reply #1
I will play.  And I promise this time I will be a good sport, win or lose.  ;D

Reply #2
Thursday or Saturday for me. Friday too if it's the later time (the earlier time is a meal time, and never quiet enough to record or chat comfortably)

Reply #3
You can count me in for Friday, once again. ^^

Reply #4
I shooooould be able to play all three days. ^_^

EDIT: Actually I forgot that I planned to celebrate my bday with one of my good friends sometime that weekend, so either Friday or Saturday are likely out.  I would guess Saturday since we tend to both work on Fridays.

Reply #5
I'm up for all 3 days as well, if I can. ^.^

Mazes are my jam...

Reply #6
Okay, so, since it seems the majority of people would prefer Friday to be kept at the original later time (beginning at 10 pm) that is the time I'm going to go with.

Reply #7
Hey everyone,

Since it looks like the most people can play on Friday, I'm thinking that we'll just do the event on Friday only. This way the event doesn't get boring or repetitive to those who are playing on more than one day, and it's simply more fun with more people as well.

Is everyone okay with this?

Reply #8
Oh..um..I guess. I kind of assume it was still on for the 3 days when I made my plans so I'm a little irked but whatever, go with the flow.