Skip to main content
Topic: May 20 - 31, 2014 -- Ultimate Building Fun (Read 11744 times) previous topic - next topic

May 20 - 31, 2014 -- Ultimate Building Fun

Hey everyone,

I'd like to try something different for May's event!

I think it'd be fun to get everyone together and back onto the Ultimate server to work on the community projects. We had started a bunch but only a few have actually been completed. I think it'd be a waste for all of that work to go unfinished and I'm sure the completed area will look amaazing~!!

Basically, this will be a group building event!...Just not in creative mode. I feel that since we had already gotten so much done in survival, and a lot of the community effort was focused on helping to gather the necessary materials, it would ruin the previous effort if we just finished everything off in creative mode. Plus, think of the bragging rights of building everything in survival! ;)

Add in the fact that quite a few players are already so far down the tech line that they're able to, literally, create pretty much any material out of nothing...creative mode doesn't seem necessary. Of course, for the players who aren't so far along, I'm sure we can pool resources and help you get geared up -- Power Armor is amazingly convenient for building high structures !

This event will be flexible on time and dates because it will be completely up to you guys! If you're interested...
- check out the community project ideas
**If you have additional project ideas, just post them up and they'll be added to the list.
**Additional project ideas are not limited to spawn area only! Have an epic build for your own base area and need help? Add it to the list!

If you'd like to be the 'head' of a project, just specify which project when you sign up. Be aware that this means you will be in charge of that particular project! This means coordinating with other interested players, assigning roles (gathering materials, build, redstone, etc.), organizing and getting shit done overall.

Note: Please post all notices in this thread! Do not IM me as it can get rather confusing and I may lose messages if that particular IM program does not have chat history. It's a lot easier for me to just go through the thread. Thank you!

[spoiler=Red Light District]
[spoiler=Project Description]
Kai's got an epic, Japanese-styled Red Light District planned and it's going to be hot...considering how it's located underneath a volcano.

For the most part, Kai just needs materials (all types of Vanilla wood and basalt). Unfortunately for us, he's more of the 'lone wolf' type and prefers to build on his own. But feel free to drop by when he's on and see if he needs help with anything (replenishing items, helping to build on command).

He does tend to hop on at odd hours (typically late at night), but stop by with a wave and hello so he doesn't forget we're still alive.
[/spoiler]
Head: Kai
Volunteers:
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Community Mob Grinders (Hostile & Passive)]
Basically, I'd like to build mob grinders for as many hostile and passive mobs as possible. Eventually, the Monster Mash Rollercoaster would go through and around all of these mob grinders so it'll be doubling as awesome monuments and actual mob grinders!

At the moment, we have mob grinders for: zombie, skeleton, and creeper. For hostile mobs, I'd like to get the rest of the Vanilla hostile mobs in. This means: spider/cave spider, slime/magma cube, blaze, witch...and maybe an ender dragon (just a statue of it flying overhead?) and wither (also just a statue). With the addition of Twilight Forest, I'm not sure we'd have room for all of those mobs too, but it's definitely a possibility if there's any interest!

As for the passive mobs: cow/mooshroom, chicken, sheep, pig/pigmen. Again, Twilight Forest brings in more passive mobs that we could do if there's interest.

I'd like volunteers who can help build the actual mob statues, but I'll also need people who are good with redstone in order to set up the actual mob grinder. As for materials, I need a ton of colored wool...of all colors! So please let me know if you'd like to do either, and if you would like to build, please let me know which mob. ;D

I can hop on the server during the day and late at night, except for the 24th and 31st. Dates subject to change depending on my schedule.[/spoiler]
Head: Myobi
Volunteers:
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Monster Mash Rollercoaster]
Head: Remi
Volunteers:
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Boat & Docks]
Monk isn't entirely sure what kind of epic boat he plans to make, but will be updating us with details of that later on. At the moment, he's not really in need of any materials but welcomes people to help him build.

He can hop on the server anytime on May 24, 25, 27, 28, and 30.
[/spoiler]
Head: Monk
Volunteers:
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Orchard/Botanical Garden]
Head: Cali
Volunteers:
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Magic Academy]
Head: Rogue
Volunteers:
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Road Construction]
Xanos won't be starting this until most of the other projects have been established, this way he'll have a better idea of where the roads will be going.
[/spoiler]
Head: Xanos
Volunteers:
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=The Ultimate Town]
Overseer: Myobi

[spoiler=Maid Cafe/Bakery]
Head: Cali
Volunteers:
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Bath House/Hot Spring]
Head:
Volunteers:
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Restaurant/Pub]
Head:
Volunteers:
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Library]
Xanos will be updating us later with a more detailed description of what he has planned for our local library. He's in need of various materials and welcomes builders.

He will be able to hop onto the server during the day after the 25th.
[/spoiler]
Head:
Volunteers:
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Clinic]
Head:
Volunteers:
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Clock Tower]
Head:
Volunteers:
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Church & Graveyard]
Head:
Volunteers:
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Watermill/Windmill/Lighthouse]
Nighty's building a three in one structure, details of which he will provide later. He'll mostly be needing materials but welcomes people to help build.

He's available pretty much whenever.[/spoiler]
Head: Nighty
Volunteers:
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Town Hall]
Head:
Volunteers:
[/spoiler][/spoiler]

Re: May 20 - 31, 2014 -- Ultimate Building Fun

Reply #1
I can provide a lot of resources to build with.

Reply #2
I have loads of resources as well and can set up a system to provide smooth-stone if needed or really whatever is needed.  I think I have a ton of endstone at this point too for the nether hub.  And probably a freakish amount of nether wart because there's a chunk loader and that...just keeps on running.

I'd like to experiment with some of the spawner things too.

Reply #3
Yea... I wonder if I've esploded my ae network yet...

Reply #4
Not unless you hopped on after I moved the server to backup (and even then, it was restarted a few times to fix stuffs) and turned your stuff back on :)

Reply #5
lols. Actually getting to finish this thing? Sweetness.

Reply #6
Yep! So those of you who are Heads of a project, just post here what you have planned for the project and what you'd like help with.

At the moment, it's...

[spoiler=Red Light District (Kai)]
Kai's got an epic, Japanese-styled Red Light District planned and it's going to be hot...considering how it's located underneath a volcano.

For the most part, Kai just needs materials (all types of Vanilla wood and basalt). Unfortunately for us, he's more of the 'lone wolf' type and prefers to build on his own. But feel free to drop by when he's on and see if he needs help with anything (replenishing items, helping to build on command).

He does tend to hop on at odd hours (typically late at night), but stop by with a wave and hello so he doesn't forget we're still alive.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Community Mob Grinders (myself)]
Basically, I'd like to build mob grinders for as many hostile and passive mobs as possible. Eventually, the Monster Mash Rollercoaster would go through and around all of these mob grinders so it'll be doubling as awesome monuments and actual mob grinders!

At the moment, we have mob grinders for: zombie, skeleton, and creeper. For hostile mobs, I'd like to get the rest of the Vanilla hostile mobs in. This means: spider/cave spider, slime/magma cube, blaze, witch...and maybe an ender dragon (just a statue of it flying overhead?) and wither (also just a statue). With the addition of Twilight Forest, I'm not sure we'd have room for all of those mobs too, but it's definitely a possibility if there's any interest!

As for the passive mobs: cow/mooshroom, chicken, sheep, pig/pigmen. Again, Twilight Forest brings in more passive mobs that we could do if there's interest.

I'd like volunteers who can help build the actual mob statues, but I'll also need people who are good with redstone in order to set up the actual mob grinder. As for materials, I need a ton of colored wool...of all colors! So please let me know if you'd like to do either, and if you would like to build, please let me know which mob. ;D

I can hop on the server during the day and late at night, except for the 24th and 31st. Dates subject to change depending on my schedule.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Boat & Docks (Monk)]
Monk isn't entirely sure what kind of epic boat he plans to make, but will be updating us with details of that later on. At the moment, he's not really in need of any materials but welcomes people to help him build.

He can hop on the server anytime on May 24, 25, 27, 28, and 30.[/spoiler]

Orchard/Botanical Garden (Cali)
Magic Academy (Rogue)
Maid Cafe/Bakery (Cali)
[spoiler=Library (Xanos)]
Xanos will be updating us later with a more detailed description of what he has planned for our local library. He's in need of various materials and welcomes builders.

He will be able to hop onto the server during the day after the 25th.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Lighthouse/Watermill/Windmill (Nighty)]
Nighty's building a three in one structure, details of which he will provide later. He'll mostly be needing materials but welcomes people to help build.

He's available pretty much whenever.[/spoiler]

So you guys will want to post up some details so that others can have a better idea of what they can do to help out. I'll add them to the main post to make it easy for everyone to go back and read. Also, there are still plenty of projects waiting to be picked up!

Reply #8
(-‸ლ)

-facepalms-

Reply #10
I'm good to help anyone that needs it, I'm just not terribly good at being creative with interior design. I can do some redstone stuff though. :)

Just PM me on E and let me know if you need anything.

Reply #11
I wouldn't mind doing some stuff with the mob grinders.  I have to get back into FTB and figure out what's available for various things...maybe not always relying on the soul shards but coming up with different ways (if there are any) of doing things.  Been watching a lot of Mindcrack FTB stuff but I know they're in the latest version of it while we're in 1.4.7 or something. ^_^

Reply #12
Since it seems like there's an utter lack of coordination going on, I think it may be simpler if everyone just logged onto Mumble at the same time to discuss.

I'll be on my Mumble server tomorrow from 3 pm to 12 am, so if you guys could just hop on whenever and let me know where you're at, that'd be great and I'll just try to coordinate the groups. [Though I had really hoped that you guys were going to be proactive and do this on your own...]

Please log on with an idea of which projects you're interested in, how you'd like to help out, and what times you'd be available to do so.

You can also IM/PM me, but I will try to poke you onto Mumble if someone else is also on who is interested in the same projects that way you guys can coordinate and hash out ideas/details.

Project heads, still waiting on details/descriptions for what you have planned.

Reply #13
I'm up to help with road building, and the Library if you need someone for that too ^.^

Reply #14
Have [updated] with some project descriptions and new people in charge of certain projects.

Will update again later once more details have been given/other projects have been 'claimed'.