Skip to main content
Topic: August 17 ~ 27 -- Cube Inc. (Read 9748 times) previous topic - next topic

August 17 ~ 27 -- Cube Inc.

[spoiler=Backstory]
In a parallel universe, the Minecraft world is no longer one, lone person. The land is populated with people from all around, and demand for cubes is much higher. CUBE Incorporated, a large monopoly, solves this problem by sending their cube products everywhere across Minecraftia.  To make sure all products are safe to use in any situation the company created numerous test facilities located inside the bowels of some complexes.  

You are one of the employers at CUBE Incorporated. You work at the CUBE Inc. West Complex just outside of Glacier City in the Glacier region. Nothing but a normal desk job for assigning where building parts will go when they reach the CUBE Inc. Block Distribution Center.

Its just adequate pay and boring work that keeps your eyes bloodshot when you walk home.  You are nothing but an office drone.

One day you hear of a wonderful discovery that took place at CUBE Inc. Main.  You don't take much interest in it until posters begin to appear which are asking for test subjects at CUBE Inc. to explore a place called The Nether.  To keep yourself from doing something stupid you just shake the confusion off and get back to work.  Then something happened.

It was hard to believe fear struck only months after the discovery was made.  Something was coming from The Nether, and it was not good.  It was called A.D.Y., and everyone was warned that it was possibly the most dangerous virus to ever exist.

The Nether was closed, and before long the CEO running CUBE Inc. West had a room built into his office.  Something called an EPSR.  Not only that, but there was also a floor renovated to lead straight to some sort of EPSR Test Center located around the CUBE Inc. West Test Facility.  It only took a few more days before every CUBE Inc. complex in the world closed down.  Everyone was on their own to survive, and build now.

The symptoms for A.D.Y. were very basic, and it almost seemed as if everyone had it.  This only caused more panic in the world.  To stop the sickness from spreading people began to murder each other in hope that it would halt A.D.Y. enough that a cure could be found before it got any worse.  It seemed that no one had even died from A.D.Y. itself.

One night you decide to get behind what has caused all of these problems, and then quickly create some ladders that you will use to climb into the, now abandoned, CUBE Inc. West building.  You then sit down and take one last peaceful rest.  Tomorrow will be a big day.
[/spoiler]

Again, for the best playing experience, do not immediately go on YouTube and watch Let's Plays of the map! You'll only ruin the fun for yourself!!

Map Info & Rules

This is a puzzle adventure map. A texture pack is required for this map! Simply download it from my Dropbox [here].

Note: As you know, some adventure maps take time to complete. Don't feel as though you have to sit and finish the map in one sitting. Feel free to stop and take a 10-15 minute break when needed. Or, if you're tired, let me know and I'll save the map.  You'll be able to pick it up again anytime -- but please let me know when you hop off for the day/night, and when you plan to finish the map.

• Do not break blocks unless directed to do so.
  • Explore your environment. It may help you discover the answer to the puzzle.
  • To grasp the entire story, read all the signs.

Server Info

Do not use the FTB launcher! This map requires Minecraft 1.5.2.

Server IP: enterprise.worldunbent.com

You will be whitelisted to the server shortly before the event begins.

Mumble is highly suggested, though not required. It is much easier to coordinate this way. Even if you prefer not to actually speak on Mumble, we suggest you still log on so you can hear the other players and then type in-game.

Note: If someone in the group is recording, we ask that all members of that group please use Mumble.

If you plan to use Mumble, please have it installed and working before the event begins!

Label: Name your Mumble server whatever you want
Address: myoblings.aremumbling.com
Port: 36158
Username: Your ELLIQUIY username
Password: ElliquiyGames

Below, I've listed available time slots -- all times are EST. As you can see, I have left half an hour between groups. If all players have not assembled on Mumble by the assigned time, I will wait an extra ten minutes before starting the map. After that, you will simply have to reschedule.

As usual, I try to be as accommodating as possible. If none of the below times work for you, just let me know and I'll try to see if you can start at an earlier/later time.

Please sign up by posting which times you would like to reserve.

Note: Please post your available times in this thread! Do not IM me as it can get rather confusing and I may lose messages if that particular IM program does not have chat history. It's a lot easier for me to just go through the thread. Thank you!

On average, it looks like it took people around 1.5 hours to complete the map. As usual, I've given you guys plenty of time in between for those of you who take a bit longer to finish adventure maps.

[spoiler=Time Slots]
Sunday, August 17, 2014
2:00 pm ~ 5:00 pm
- Cheetah
- Monk

5:30 pm ~ 8:30 pm
- Yugi
- Kuno

9:00 pm ~ 12:00 am
- Josi
- Hades
               Monday, August 18, 2014
-
-
               Tuesday, August 19, 2014
-
-

-
-
               Wednesday, August 20, 2014
-
-

-
-
               Friday, August 22, 2014
- Oniya
- Remi
Saturday, August 23, 2014
-
-

-
-

-
-
               Sunday, August 24, 2014
-
-

- Rogue
- Nighty

-
-
               Monday, August 25, 2014
-
-
               Tuesday, August 26, 2014
-
-

-
-
               Wednesday, August 27, 2014
-
-

-
-
[/spoiler]

Re: August 17 ~ 27 -- Cube Inc.

Reply #1
Hades... wanna do a 3rd time slot with me?  9p - 12p?  I'm pretty open as to the days .. maybe a Sunday?

Reply #2
Might be able to do something the weekend of the 22nd.  Also, would it be possible to have the flavor-text transcribed to regular print?  It seems to fade off on the sides, and it's very hard to read.
I am not a number.  I am a random variable!

Reply #3
Added it in a spoiler tag :)

Reply #4
I wanna do this one, not sure which day though.  Let me call some friends and I'll get back to ya!

Reply #5
Want to team up, Oniya?

Edit: Nonetheless, I'm free for anyone as long as I avoid the 9-12 slots.

Reply #6
Alright, having finally gotten my work schedule for the next week in, it's currently looking like I've got the 17th and 18th free.  I have work on the 19th, and it'll be another week before I learn what my schedule will be like on the days after that.

Reply #7
Alright, having finally gotten my work schedule for the next week in, it's currently looking like I've got the 17th and 18th free.  I have work on the 19th, and it'll be another week before I learn what my schedule will be like on the days after that.

Want to team up?

Reply #8
Hades... wanna do a 3rd time slot with me?  9p - 12p?  I'm pretty open as to the days .. maybe a Sunday?

Sure, I'll give it a try.   How does the 17th sound for you, in the 9pm-midnight slot?

Reply #9
Okay so I can do almost any of the days except for the 22 or 23rd.  Weekdays I can't do the 9-12 slots.  But that's all of my limits.

Reply #10
I'm just going to say I can do the 19th and that's it for now. Don't have the week after's schedule yet. >.>

Reply #11

Sure, I'll give it a try.   How does the 17th sound for you, in the 9pm-midnight slot?

Sounds good to me!!! *adds to my calendar -- "Date Night on MC -- Cube Adventure Time*

Reply #12
I should be able to do any of the times as far as I know :D

Reply #13
Annd the convention I was supposed to go to on Thursday got switched to Tuesday.  It doesn't end til 5 and I've been told to expect to take some people to dinner...  So uh Tuesday is out. >.> 

Reply #14
Okay - I'm definitely good for any time Saturday the 23rd, or after 5PM on Friday the 22nd.
I am not a number.  I am a random variable!