Skip to main content
Topic: September 22 ~ 30 -- Gloria (Read 6517 times) previous topic - next topic

September 22 ~ 30 -- Gloria

It is the 1st of January, 1990. You are a survivor of the crash of the S.S. Gloria. This is your tale...

Enter the role of a humble shipwreck survivor and go on a wild SciFi adventure! PCGamer's #13 Minecraft Map of all time returns and is updated for Minecraft 1.6.4. The 2.0 update completely overhauls the mechanics of the map while keeping true to the atmosphere and progression of the original.

Again, for the best playing experience, do not immediately go on YouTube and watch Let's Plays of the map! You'll only ruin the fun for yourself! But feel free to check out the trailer below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLhObCchQV4

Map Info & Rules

Note: As you know, some adventure maps take time to complete. Don't feel as though you have to sit and finish the map in one sitting. Feel free to stop and take a 10-15 minute break when needed. Or, if you're tired, let me know and I'll save the map.  You'll be able to pick it up again anytime -- but please let me know when you hop off for the day/night, and when you plan to finish the map.

This map requires the following resource pack, which you can download [here].
  • Follow the usual adventure map rules.
  • You can break item frames!
  • Playing the selected background music when prompted is suggested, but optional. You can download the music [here].

Server Info

Do not use the FTB launcher! This map requires Minecraft 1.6.4.

Server IP: enterprise.worldunbent.com

You will be whitelisted to the server shortly before the event begins.

Mumble is highly suggested, though not required. It is much easier to coordinate this way. Even if you prefer not to actually speak on Mumble, we suggest you still log on so you can hear the other players and then type in-game.

Note: If someone in the group is recording, we ask that all members of that group please use Mumble.

If you plan to use Mumble, please have it installed and working before the event begins!

Label: Name your Mumble server whatever you want
Address: myoblings.aremumbling.com
Port: 36158
Username: Your ELLIQUIY username
Password: ElliquiyGames

Below, I've listed available time slots -- all times are EST. As you can see, I have left half an hour between groups. If all players have not assembled on Mumble by the assigned time, I will wait an extra ten minutes before starting the map. After that, you will simply have to reschedule.

As usual, I try to be as accommodating as possible. If none of the below times work for you, just let me know and I'll try to see if you can start at an earlier/later time.

Please sign up by posting which times you would like to reserve.

Note: Please post your available times in this thread! Do not IM me as it can get rather confusing and I may lose messages if that particular IM program does not have chat history. It's a lot easier for me to just go through the thread. Thank you!

On average, it looks like it took people around 1.5 hours to complete the map. As usual, I've given you guys plenty of time in between for those of you who take a bit longer to finish adventure maps.

[spoiler=Time Slots]
Monday, September 22, 2014
9:00 pm ~ 12:00 am
-
-
               Tuesday, September 23, 2014
5:30 pm ~ 8:30 pm
-
-

- Kuno
- Remi
               Thursday, September 25, 2014
2:00 pm ~ 5:00 pm
-
-

-
-

-
-
               Friday, September 26, 2014
- Oniya
- Nighty
Saturday, September 27, 2014
-
-

-
-

- Cheetah
- Monk
               Sunday, September 28, 2014
-
-

-
-

-
-
               Monday, September 29, 2014
- Josi
- Eden
               Tuesday, September 30, 2014
-
-

-
-
[/spoiler]

Re: September 22 ~ 30 -- Gloria

Reply #1
Looks cool - I'll see if I have some time free.
I am not a number.  I am a random variable!

Reply #2
Looks great. I hope I'll have time. :)

Reply #3
I'm hoping to give that adventure map a try!  :)

Are there bunnies in the game?  I feel like I want a bunny to play with...

Reply #4
1.6.4 - no bunnies.  Those are new for 1.8

Reply #5
Hmm.  If one of the time slots were a Wednesday, I'd tentatively put myself down for that one.  As it is, though, I'll have to wait about a week before I learn anything concrete about my work schedule.  Definitely wanting to participate in this map, though. ^^

Reply #6
I will be available for the Friday and Saturday slots.

Reply #7
Probably late friday, any time Saturday or early Sunday will be best for me.

Reply #8
Alright, checking my schedule now, I'll be free to play through the map on Tuesday the 23rd.  I'll have to wait another week before I can tell what my schedule will be like for the days after that, though. ^^;

Reply #9
I'll play with Kuno on Tuesday if I'm not working then...

Reply #10
Ok sooo looking at my schedule, I should be able to do:

Tuesday the 23rd, Thursday the 25th, Friday the 26th is a possible (not sure yet), the 27th-29th I should be able to do as well.

As for times, if I get scheduled for an earlier one I can force my sleep schedule to work around it so I can make it, otherwise with how it currently is a later time would work best for me.

Reply #11
Alright, looking at my schedule for the upcoming week, I'll have Sunday the 28th and Tuesday the 30th free, as well.  If there's anyone who's still stuck waiting and has either of those days free, feel free to slot me in to run the map alongside them. ^^