Skip to main content
Topic: Adventure Maps & Events (Read 19052 times) previous topic - next topic

Adventure Maps & Events

Now that we have a sub-forum dedicated to our adventure maps and events, this will just be a discussion thread from now on. If you have any suggestions for a map you'd like us to play, feel free to post them here.

Also, any feedback on how you think the events went, what you think we could do to make it better, etc. All are appreciated! But most of all, I hope you guys enjoy and have fun. :)

Re: Adventure Maps & Events

Reply #1
So, I have a couple of maps saved that I think people would enjoy, but I'd like a better idea of what people would like to play so I can keep looking in that direction.

Do you prefer a set storyline/path adventure map, where you have to go through puzzles/exploration but the game is basically predetermined and everyone works together as one team. Or, would you like to try something simpler, almost like a mini-game, where there is friendly competition among two or more teams? (Mini-games may also be a giant group effort.)

We'll eventually try all kinds of maps so you guys get a taste of all the options out there, but I'd like to know which is more in demand.

Reply #2
I think it depends on the group size - eight people doing an adventure map tends to be chaotic, but four people doing a race for the wool or Vampirez would be rather dull.

Reply #3
Well, depending on the map, I would have more/less slots for players to play on that particular map. If it's an adventure map meant for two people, then two people would get to play the map and once they finish, the map will be reset for the next team. If it's a map like Race for the Wool, I'd do a max of eight people and if it's a versus map then just split the eight into two groups of four, etc. Basically what's already been mentioned in General Server Info.

We would like to host one event once a month, but this may change depending on how players like/dislike it. This will either be an adventure or survival map of some sort. It may also be simple games/challenges. Participants will receive small gifts for joining. If it is a map with friendly competition, the winner (or winning team) will receive a prize. 

However, due to time constraints, we will only be hosting an event once a month. The date of the event will be posted up in the Adventure Maps/Events thread. Players can then sign up for a time slot during that day. Once you have signed up, please dedicate yourself to it! If you must cancel, please let us know at least a day or two beforehand, that way other players may be able to take the slot.

Depending on the map/event, players will likely play in pairs or small teams. Once a team has finished the map, it will be reset for the next team to start at their assigned time. This way, everyone should be able to have fun playing the map properly.

So I'm mostly interested in knowing what kind of maps people would actually like to play, and then you guys can sign up for slots.

I'll probably mention what type of map it is, and then will choose the actual map after seeing how many people sign up. Of course, since it's the first time, there will probably be some trial and error to figure out how to best conduct this efficiently so please be patient with me. <3

Reply #4
I love adventure maps but I'm not interested in PvP maps(Spleef/Combat). I'm sorta iffy on race maps.

Reply #5
Oh. awesome. I'd be very interested in adventure maps, and somewhat interested in PVP stuff if it's things like The Walls. Survival and exploration maps, too ^_^

Reply #6
I would love to join an adventure map! I never got to do one with you guys before.

Although, like Eden said, a story/themed map in the style of Deep Space Turtle Chase would probably work best with a small group of 3-5 people, all of whom would be communicating on mumble. 

For a larger group, maybe we could do something like Direwolf20 did with the Feed the Beast challenges, where we start on a floating island in the sky with very little resources and have to discover nuclear power, or something.

Reply #7
Actually, now that I think about it,  there was one map I tried that was hella hard in single player, but that I think we might be able to knock out as a group.  I forget what it was called--Herobrine's Castle?  I'll try to look it up when I get home.

Reply #8
Herobrine's is very difficult yes. I've played it but never finished it. My partner quit on me.

Reply #9
Well you know my vote is still for Skyfall! 

Reply #10
For a larger group, maybe we could do something like Direwolf20 did with the Feed the Beast challenges, where we start on a floating island in the sky with very little resources and have to discover nuclear power, or something.

I believe the floating island map is called Skyblock and my vote would definitely be in for that; seen it on several LPs and have always wanted to try it.

Herobrine's Castle would also be fun. Halloween is coming up. >.>

Reply #13
The only thing I'd keep in mind is that we'd want a large number of people to play at one time, so that we'd have a good number of teams.    So maybe, yeah, we can have a weekly resetting, but when we actually play, it should be a scheduled thing.

Reply #14
I love adventure maps but I'm not interested in PvP maps(Spleef/Combat). I'm sorta iffy on race maps.

Well, when I say PvP, I mean more like the Skyfall map that's been mentioned. For example, the Skyfall map tests people's use of Vanilla Minecraft knowledge. You have to build up a bit before you can actually get around to killing other people. There are also maps that have PvP but incorporate exploration and survival as well, such as the Hunger Games and The Walls.

A Spleefing map would most likely be something we could just set up an automatic reset for. Or, another fun map that could be automatically reset and players may earn small prizes for: Cake Defense & Cake Defense 2

Vampirez would definitely be a map that'd be more fun if we could manage to find a time where everyone on the server could play together.

Race maps, like Race for the Wool, really depends more on teamwork and luck than actually racing imo. Wool is hidden in chests along the map and you have to explore to reach it. PvP doesn't even have to occur, though it is one way to try and slow down the other team.

So it seems obvious that most people are interested in adventure maps, and I have a few picked out already (including all of the ones that have been suggested/requested by you all) and we'll get through them all eventually [hopefully]. I'd like to know how many people would be interested in some of the above maps that I've just mentioned (Skyblock Wars, Hunger Games, The Walls, Race for the Wool) because if only a small group of you are then we'll stick to adventure maps only.

So far, I'm counting: Eden, Dis, Cali