Skip to main content
Topic: GM and other players wanted for Exalted 2.5 DB sandbox (Read 2772 times) previous topic - next topic

GM and other players wanted for Exalted 2.5 DB sandbox

Thought I'd post this here as well as on Elliquiy, just for s&g.

It's my birthday! And for my birthday present, I want:
  • an Exalted Dragon-Blooded game,
  • mostly sandbox,
  • using 2.5ed rules, not freeform (though combat and such might be handwaved a bit for ease of play),
  • not GM'd by me,
  • featuring plenty of interaction with Dragon-Blooded culture, not out in the woods somewhere,
  • not featuring "Oh here comes the Solar, time to kill or be killed,"
  • with characters a little more powerful than default start.
Could be Dynasts vacationing in An-Teng, could be on the Blessed Isle, could even be Lookshy's Gentes (I know someone around here was saying they dreamed of that, can't remember who).

Please won't you make this a birthday to remember?

Re: GM and other players wanted for Exalted 2.5 DB sandbox

Reply #1
I'm pretty sure Hairyheretic was telling me he was playing/starting in a dragon blood game (he's at work at the moment so I can't ask him). I remember because most games are solar or lunar and you don't hear of dragon blooded games very often.

It might not be on E though. Unless you were in the same game and it didn't go ahead?

He's a good one to ask when it comes to Exalted because he often has an eye out for games and he's GM'd it in the past.

Reply #2
This game request was specifically prompted by Hairy running a game that was not what I was looking for.

Reply #3
Here's a question - what is the minimum 'shopping list' I would need to take to my local gaming store to get started with Exalted?  I peeked through the inventory of one place at a local convention, but they appeared to be missing the primary core book, which kinda squelched that idea.
I am not a number.  I am a random variable!

Reply #4
I'm…maybe not the right person to answer that question, since I collect RPGs almost obsessively. I have every 1st ed Exalted book in both hardcopy and PDF, and every 2nd ed book in PDF.

If you want to get started with 2nd edition, the Exalted corebook, The White and Black Treatises (one book, two names), and Oadenol's Codex should be your top priority IMO. Compass of Terrestrial Directions: Scavenger Lands and Roll of Glorious Divinity 2: Demons and Ghosts are helpful too.

For a Dragon-Blooded game or if you want more detail on them as antagonists for a Solar game, Manual of Exalted Power: Dragon-Blooded, Compass of Celestial Directions: Blessed Isle, and Thousand Correct Actions of the Upright Soldier are needful.

The most important book, of course, is the free, PDF-only "Scroll of Errata."

You might, on the other hand, want to wait for 3rd edition to come out; the corebook is expected late this year.